Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Poachin' My Scratch

The Old Guy came home for lunch today. After he finished, he came in the garage to see if I was there. I wasn't, but when I hear him go into the garage I usually come running because I know he will either give me some food or give me a good scratch. There is a folding chair in the garage which he keeps set up near my cage. In the old days he would sit in the chair and talk to me when I was new, and later, after I had been here a few weeks, drag me out of the cage for a scratch. He still keeps the chair in the same place and when he sits in the chair I know I'll get a scratch or brushing if I come over to him. I love to be scratched and I like brushings even more, especially on both sides of my chin. It's when I purr the loudest, oh yeah, and drool.

So, he came in and sat down and I came a running over to him for my scratch. He picked me up and I laid on his lap facing away from the door purring loudly. He started to brush me. It was goooood! After a few brushings the rythym changed. He would do a few brushes and then stop for a few seconds and then do a few more and so on. Also, something smelled funny, kind of like Chow Mein. After a few minutes of brushing I looked behind me and could see Chow standing and the Old Guy was giving him a brushing in between my brushings. Wait A Minute!!!

I started to growl and tried to break free but the Old Guy held on and started to brush me faster. No Way!!! Finally he gave up and I jumped down. By then Chow was laying on his side next to the chair streched out in the universal scratching position. I stood staring at him about a foot away and growled. He just laid there and watched. Then I growled and lifted my paw. Ah Ha! That got his attention. He jumped up, kind of gave me a funny look and ran out of the garage into the house. That will teach him. No one poaches my scratch!

No comments:

Post a Comment