Monday, September 21, 2009

It Was a Dark and Stormy Night

Actually, it was only dark. I almost made it through my first night in the house without getting thrown in the garage. As I say, almost. The evening started when Alexa, the little guy and the cat-like creature left. I was let in the house. I admit to being nervous, hence my slinking, rather than walking, around the house. Every now and then I ran into Chow and Pinot and of course I hissed.

Then everyone went to bed. Except me of course. I guess Chow usually sleeps on the bed between the Old Guy and the Pretty Lady. Well, Chow was very concerned about my presence so he kept jumping up and checking me out. I lurked around the bed and whenever I saw him I hissed or growled or both. I guess this gets to be pretty loud at 3 in the morning even though I thought I was hissing and growling at my normal level. Finally, the Old Guy got up after Chow jumped off the bed and landed near me. I guess my growl was a little louder than usual. Next thing I know, I'm in the garage with the door closed. I howled, but I don't think he could hear me.

However, when morning came, we all got fed (me in the cat gate and the boys outside of the cat gate) and then I hopped the gate and hissed and everything's normal, if you can call a house with three cats normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment