Sunday, September 27, 2009

And The Walls Came a Tumblin' Down

Lots going on here. My entry to the garage is still over the cat gate. Chow can jump the gate too. On Friday night the Old Guy was doing something in the garage. I decided to join him, so I jumped in over the gate. Then Chow decided to join us. Up and over. Well, poor Pinot was standing outside the gate looking worried. The next thing we knew, he was climbing the gate. Keep in mind it's only about 30 inches tall. He was climbing it like it was a mountain wall, one inch at a time. Well, I guess all the times Chow and I had jumped the gate had loosened it from the doorway, and also, well, Pinot is a bit of a plus size. As Pinot got close to the top, the gate gave way . . . timmmm----berrrrrrr. In crashed the gate with Pinot on it!!!! He was ok, I mean it was a fall of about 12 inches. But, we all freaked of course.

More news. Today the Old Guy took the gate down. The two garage doors to the house are always open so we all play in the garage whenever we want.

Now that there is no cate gate the Old Guy decided to feed all of us in the kitchen which is where Chow and Pinot used to eat before I came along. I guess the Old Guy was concerned about whether I would eat there or not. So he held me while he served up the food, and I got to eat . . . on the counter top!!! Wow, no cat gets to eat on the counter. I heard the Old Guy tell the Pretty Lady . . . "Don't tell the kids I'm doing this, they'll think I've gone crazy."

1 comment:

  1. Umm no comment from the peanut gallery about a) Pinot's size and b) the feeding on the countertops...

    ReplyDelete