Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Cleaning Day at the Zoo

Right now I'm pouting. Every couple of weeks or so a really wierd thing happens at the house. In the morning I can tell that the Old Guy is a little tense. Feeding time is normal, getting chased in the garage is normal, but about 10:00 a.m. the Old Guy gets really nice to me. He talks soft, he pets me and brushes me. Then he throws me in the cage with only the kitty litter.

I've talked to Chow and Pinot about this (in between hissy fits), and they tell me that it's house cleaning day. Chow says he knows in advance when this day is going to occur because the Pretty Lady puts an envelope with money in it on the kitchen counter. Chow says that when the envelope goes up on the counter, he's goes out of sight because it means he's going to get locked in one of the bedrooms for a couple of hours. Today for example he said he was going to hide on the top of the knick-nack shelf, which is only about one foot from the ceiling in the dining room. Maybe that's why, after the Old Guy threw me in the cage, I saw him come in the garage mumbling to himself and grab the step ladder. I guess he sneeks up on Chow when he is on the top of the shelf, grabs him, and runs to Derek's room and throws Chow on the bed. Chow told me that he tries to resist with a major claw attack but that the Old Guy is too strong and too fast. I suggested that a nasty bite might be effective. Heck, it's worked for me.

Anyway, Pinot's take on the whole thing is that it's no big deal. He said the room is dark and cool, that he's usually sleeping during the day anyway and that they get let out by 2:00. He said he actually follows the Old Guy and Chow down the stairs to see if the Old Guy is going to make it before Chow freaks. Well, my take on it is that it sucks because it reminds me of the old days (July) when I lived in the cage. I didn't think the house was that dirty anyway and I liked all of the unusual smells. When their done, the whole place smells the same which is really kind of boring. Oh well, back to pouting.

No comments:

Post a Comment