Saturday, October 17, 2009

A Screech in the Night

Did you ever have one of those days where you just wanted to scream as loud as you could? You know what I mean. It happens to everyone. Yesterday the Old Guy and Pretty Lady were gone all day at UCLA. We didn't get fed dinner until 9:30.

Anyway, we ate and chased and so on. But, for reasons I can't explain, I just had to let out a loud screech. I tried to hold it in, and I did a pretty good job for a while. But finally I just couldn't stand it any more. I was laying streched out on the cool floor and all of a sudden Chow walked over and sat down near me. That was it. I let out one, and only one, of my loudest screaches ever. I mean it resonated throughout the house and, since the upstairs doors are open, the neighborhood too. I don't know why but that screech really carried. The Pretty Lady sat up in bed. The Old Guy came running. I guess the fact that it was 4:00 in the morning was a factor too. He ran in, in the dark, and there I was laying on my side looking at Chow who was sitting next to me. I looked up at the Old Guy and all I could think of to say was "What?"

No comments:

Post a Comment