Saturday, October 3, 2009

Now I Know My ABC's

The Old Guy asked me this morning "who set off the ABC song on the child's toy in the living room." He told me it went off at 4:30 in the morning and he wants to know who did it. I asked "what ABC song?" He said he heard a lot of jing, jing, jinging, some paw thumping, and running as though there was some chasing going on at the time. He said he strongly suspects that more than one cat was involved. He also said that when he woke up, the ABC jingle played for about a minute. He also said that Chow was fast asleep next to him and the Pretty Lady. He said that leaves me and Pinot as the prime suspects. I answered that I had no idea what he was talking about. That I have an alabi. He asked, what's your alibi? I said "ask Pinot". He said he did, and Pinot said that he didn't do it either. I said, "well, maybe there's another cat in the house you don't know about. You know it's a really big house and the kids are always bringing new cats home." He wasn't amused.

No comments:

Post a Comment