Friday, October 9, 2009

Carpet Cleaning Day

Why is it that just when stuff smells perfect, at least to a cat, humans want to ruin things. When it comes to smells I like variety. Perfumee, stinky, sweatty . . . and stuff I can't identify, is the way I like things. It makes sniffing so interesting. But the Old Guy and Pretty Lady like everything to smell the same. Take the carpet for example. The carpets in the house were fantastic. You never knew what king of smell was going to pop up. It was a real cat treat. Not any more.

Early this morning the Old Guy started moving stuff all around the house and piling it up on the hard floors. It was very interesting, so interesting that as I rolled over to watch, the Old Guy snatched me up and put me in the bathroom. While I was sitting there wondering what was up the door opened and in flew Pinot. We sat there looking at each other and the door opened again and in flew Chow Mein. We were in there for 3 hours. This gave us a lot of time to see what we could do to remodel the bathroom. While we were doing this we heard a loud roar outside the room. Finally, after it got quiet the Old Guy tried to open the bathroom door. Sorry Old Guy. We opened a drawer right next to the door and it would only open about an inch. The Old Guy tried to work the drawer closed with his finger but it wouldn't budge. Meanwhile, Pinot stuck his paw through the door so the Old Guy couldn't close it. The Old Guy, having raised 4 kids and too many cats to count is pretty ingenious. He got a screwdriver and worked the drawer closed so he could open the door. Out we ran.

Yuck!!! What happened to the carpets. They all smell the same!!! Ewuuuu. Chow and I tipitoed all over. Pinot just walked out and laid down on the carpet. His last words were, I need to finish my nap. The bathroom playtime really wore me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment