Sunday, October 11, 2009

The New Cat Toy

I guess having the carpets cleaned isn't so bad after all. The reason for this is when the carpets are finished, the cleaners leave a really unique cat toy behind. Chow, Pinot and I love it. At first we weren't sure what to make of it. Actually, I was kind of scared of it. So was Pinot, and Chow wouldn't touch it. But it just took a while before we realized that it is the best toy ever.

I'll try to describe it because I don't know what it's called. It's long, about 2 feet wide and it now crisscrosses our entire house, at least wherever there is carpet. Whenever we step on it it kind of makes a crinkling noise. That's why we were scared of it at first. Then we realized you could walk on it, run on it, hide under it, make it into a big paper ball, and tear it into a million little white pieces. I mean this is really cool. First Pinot and I played hide and seek. He would hide under it and wait for me to find him. Then he would jump out, I'd hiss and run, and he would chase me. Then I would chase him across the stuff and it would wad up into a big fluffy mess of white. After we would do this in the dining room we went on to the downstairs rooms. While we were down there, the Old Guy would straighten out the paper in the dining room so he could walk on it. Then when we were done down stairs, he'd straighten that one up. Then he would go up to the bed room and fix that one. By that time we scrambled up the one in the dining room again. I think it was the master Chow who discovered you could tear this stuff up into little pieces. So we did that for a while. Carpet cleaning? I love it!!!!

By the way, today Chow and I got into a big hissing cat fight. It started when he started bragging about how great the Dodgers are. He must have forgotten that I'm a San Francisco cat. But now we are friends again. We discovered that we both like the LA Kings and hate the Sharks.

No comments:

Post a Comment