Friday, August 28, 2009

The Walls Are Slowly Coming Down

The Old Guy told me that the reason he has been gone a couple of days is that he took the Pretty Lady to the Surf & Sand in Laguna Beach for their anniversary. So his son, Derek, took care of me for a couple of days. He's nice enough but doesn't give as good a scratch as the Old Guy. Well as soon as the Old Guy got home, I didn't want him to leave the garage. I must be crazy! When he went out, I meowed like crazy and he came back in to find out what was wrong. Nothing. I just wanted him to . . . hold me. He gave me a good scratch and brush, cleaned the kitty litter and gave me snacks. At first I thought it was because he was happy to see me. But as I think about it I'm not so sure because after buttering me up he did something I'm not sure about . . . he switched the wire mesh gate from the middle to floor level. The Big Orange Head (aka Pinot) and the other cat, Chow Mein, and I were eye-to-eye with only a wire fence between us. Ok, so I hissed and growled a little (maybe more than a little), but at least there was no jumping at the fence. And Chow and Pinot didn't hiss at all. In fact Chow kind of looked at me for a while and then left. Pinot just layed down by the gate staring at me. I'm not sure what to make of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment