Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Veni, vidi, hissy

I'm jumping ahead on this one because it happened today. For the past couple of days I've been on my really good behavior. When I'm on the old guy's lap I purr and let him brush and scratch me. When I see him, I meow nicely. When he puts his hands in my cage to pick me up, I let him and don't bite him (too hard) or scratch him (with my claws fully out . . . only half way out). He talks nice to me and I'm getting used to him.

Because of this, he has begun to let me out of my cage to wander the garage. I have a favorite place next to the fridge and freezer. There's a large, kind of furry, garage mat there which I roll on and scratch and lay down on. The old guy has actually begun to let me stay out even when he is not there.

Today there was a lot of commotion. The old guy came in with fences (baby gates) and started to put them up on one of the two door openings to the house. He actually put up 3 gates, above each other, so almost the whole doorway was covered. The bottom gate is kind of an opaque plastic, but you can still see through it. So I walked over to check it out when he was done. The next thing I know there is a giant orange cat head facing me. I mean it was huge with beady eyes. I froze up, puffed up and hissed 10 times in a row. It didn't seem to faze the giant orange cat head with the beady eyes. Then I rowled (not growled, rowled) as loud as I could. Didn't faze the giant cat head with beady eyes though. Then the old guy put a towel over the gate and the giant head with the beady eyes dissappeared.

What the hell was that all about?

No comments:

Post a Comment