Friday, December 4, 2009

I've Got Egg on My Face

Chow and Pinot like to jump up on the counter, or where ever else there is a chance to get food. Me? I'm a floor cat. Plus, I get plenty to eat around this place.

Our normal morning routine is when the Old Guy takes a shower, I come in the bathroom and roll around on the floor hoping to get a scratch from the Old Guy after he gets out. So today, when he came in, there I was. He was holding a plate in his hand which he put on the counter. He came over to me and instead of giving me a scratch, he grabbed me, and picked me up. Now I don't like to be grabbed or picked up unless I initiate the event, so I squirmed with claws out. The next thing I know, I'm on the bathroom counter staring at the plate the Old Guy brought in. Something smelled really good so I sniffed and then licked. Wow!!!!! Fresh fried egg yoke leftover. I licked with all my might. Thanks Old Guy!!!!

PS. Don't tell the resident family veterinarian about this because she has a problem with cats eating people food . . . on the counter . . . on plates. My response is that the only difference between us and Daisy Dog is that Daisy grabs and runs whereas we are confident enough to hold our position. Plus, Daisy has trouble jumping up on the counter.

No comments:

Post a Comment