Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Baaa Humbug!!!!!

Today was a beautiful day in Manhattan Beach. The sun was shining, it was warm, the wind was off shore and Chow, Pinot and I were just relaxing in our various relaxing places: Chow in the newspaper basket, Pinot in his "hammock" which is really the top of a pad on a chair, and me on the hardwood floor, trying to keep cool. Then . . . the Old Guy came home. Well, Pinot and Chow just lay there in their places while I chased him around for a scratch. But he was hard to pin down. First he went in the garage and closed both doors so I couldn't go in. I heard some rumbling around in there but could not tell what he was doing. Then he came out and brushed me out of the way. He walked upstairs to Chow who just lay there looking at him, expecting a scratch. Instead the Old Guy grabbed him and carried him into the garage. When he came out, Pinot was standing next to the door trying to find out what was up. The Old Guy grabbed him and took him into the garage. Well, I didn't know what was going on so I played a little hard to get until the Old Guy cheated by pretending to put more food out. I didn't bite immediately, but eventually, my curiosity got the better of me. Into the kitchen I went . . . trapped like a rat. The Old Guy grabbed me and took me into the garage too. There I saw a truly pathetic site. Chow and Pinot were caged and my cage was waiting. Once inside, the Old Guy put us in the blue car and off we went on Mr. Toad's wild ride to the cat kennel. Seems like the family, without us, is going to NYC. We will be spending our time in El Segundo until after Christmas. All I can say is . . . . [see title above].

No comments:

Post a Comment