Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Cleaning O' the Kitty Litter

One of the big events during the week at our house is when the Old Guy decides to clean the Kitty Litters. We are a 4 kitty litter household, 2 in the house and 2 in the garage. I guess the garage kitty litters are holdovers from my early days. We definitely have our preferences. Me? I prefer the garage kitty litters because that is where I began my stay here. It just seems natural. Chow Mein? He also likes the garage ones. Pinot is an in-the-house kindofguy. He cracks me up. When he is in the kitty litter he yowls. Then when he buries his stuff he goes at it like a construction worker digging a deep hole. You can hear his digging and yowling all over the house.

Back to cleaning day. No matter what time of day or night, whether we are sleeping or awake, when the Old Guy starts to clean the kitty litters we surround him and watch. I don't know what the fascination is but there is something about watching him clean the litter. I suppose one of the questions on our mind is, why on earth does he want that stuff? I mean, yuck!!!!! And yet there he is, digging, sifting, gently placing the material in the bag, and then more digging and sifting until it's all gone. Then on to the next one and more digging and sifting. Then he gently ties up the bag and puts it into a storage container. I don't know what happens after that but this seems really wierd to all of us. Of course we always get the last laugh because as soon as he's done, we all take big dumps!!!!! Ha, ha, ha. Poor Old Guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment