Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Singing in the Rain

Although I have the highest respect for Chow's intelligence and experience, now and then he does some things I don't understand. For example, every morning he gets up at about 4:30 and runs outside onto the deck and roof of the house. I asked him why he does this and he said to check out the birds. Since winter just started there aren't any birds up at 4:30 in the morning. But he runs out there every morning just in case, I guess. Anyway, today was no exception. Unfortunately for him, it started to pour rain at about 4:40 when a really wierd thing happened. The Old Guy sprang out of bed, ran to the door leading outside and closed it. I guess he was concerned about water getting in the house. Then the Old Guy went back to bed. I thought about mentioning to him that Chow was out there checking out the non-existent birds but, hey, not my job. Pinot tried to get his attention by jumping on his chest, but I guess the Old Guy figured he just wanted a scratch.

At 6:15, the Old Guy got up and started to make the coffee. Now, when the Old Guy hits the coffee grinder button, we all come running because the next thing he is going to do, once he gets the coffee going, is feed us the coveted soft food. So he hits the button, looks around, and only I am standing in the kitchen. The Old Guy looked around and saw Pinot sitting at the door to the deck, looking out. The Old Guy went over to see what he was looking at, and there sat one wet Chow Mein, outside, meowing for mercy. The Old Guy let him in and he looked drenched. The first thing Chow did was run to the crunchy bowl and start eating. The Old Guy got a towel and toweled him off. Amazingly, the water was only on the outside of Chow's coat. I guess he has some kind of supercat fur that doesn't allow water in. I've actually seen this up close when he sticks his head under a running water faucet. The water literally bounces off his fur.

Anyway, Chow's inside, well fed and sleeping someplace. I've got to find him though because I just heard a nasty rumor. The cleaning ladies are coming today which means the Old Guy is going to try to lock us all in one of the bedrooms. Got to let Chow know ASAP. Bye!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment