Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Hide and Seek

The Old Guy and Pretty Lady did the disappearing act again last week. Apparently they went skiing. Fortunately, they left us at home instead of sending us off to the cat asylum. The Old Guy cracks me up whenever he leaves for more than a day. He's really paranoid about us starving to death or dehydrating. So he leaves tons of food in big storage containers. I mean he leaves a months supply even though he's only going to be gone for a couple of days. And then there's the toilette thing. Even though he leaves dishes of water, he always leaves a toilette seat up so we can drink out of the toilette. He must be nuts. I'm not sticking my head in there. Yuck. Mein doesn't share my disgust. He says it's not half bad. Pinot hasn't tried it because he's afraid of falling in and drowning.

After they were gone a couple of days, they got home and with them were Marina and here family. As soon as they got into the house, Lulu and Nessi started chasing me around. So, I hid outside on the roof. Then the Old Guy got in the act. He was paranoid again, thinking I got out. So he looked in all the usual places: under the bed, in the closet, in the bathroom, under Derek's bed . . . After about a half an hour, Kevin realized that the Old Guy was starting to freak. He said, wow, I'm sorry, I didn't know you were looking for Minette. She's sitting outside on the deck watching you freak out all over the house. I love hide and seek . . . and freaking out the Old Guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment