Thursday, July 9, 2009

My first blog

Hi. I'm Minette the cat. I'm a black short haired cat with two golden eyes. I was born about 2 years ago in San Francisco, in Noe Valley. I don't remember much about my early years except that sometime in 2008 I meowed my brains out in a backyard in Noe Valley. A pretty woman, who obviously loves cats, heard me and put out a bowl of water and food in the yard. I never cared much for people, but I love food. So I figured I'd stay around a while and see what developed. Sure enough, everyday, the beautiful lady and a pretty little girl would fill my food bowl and water. Also, the pretty lady would talk softly to me . . . even though I wouldn't ever let her or the little girl see me. I loved to hide behind the plants and watch them. Sometimes when I was eating I would look up and see the pretty lady and little girl watching me from the window. I ignored them. The next thing I knew, there was a nice fluffy cat bed under the stairs where she stored the lawn mower. It was soft and warm, although mostly I liked to lay in the cool dirt behind the plants. As time passed, I would tease the pretty lady and little girl by poking my head out of the plants. If they looked at me I would disappear. We played this game for many months. As more time passed, I began to trust the lady and little girl more and more. I would actually let them see all of me, and eventually I let the pretty lady, but not the little girl, pet me. Life in San Franciso was good. In fact I wouldn't have changed a thing except for the four legged giant that lived with them. I would have sent him away. But he didn't get out much in the back yard. Yes, everything was perfect until Monday, June 22nd, a day that will live in infamy.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA - I will write a special post in Tera In Manhattan so as to direct traffic to your blog, Miss Minette. The second I hear you're giving my baby boy Pinot a hard time though.... I might not be so friendly!

    ReplyDelete